Social Icons

h

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Last night's British Fashion Awards!

It's 18:40 and I'm just writing a quick post while sat here eating them party ring biscuit things... That's the fun teen life.. :D I'll do this one quick so I can go watch the soaps ;) ... that's not a joke btw :P
Harry Styles conquered the world of fashion in 2013, as the One Direction star won the British Style Award at the British Fashion Awards last night. This trophy was voted for by the British public, One Direction's and Harry's fans are sooo loyal and there's loads of them! They voted lots and lots where One Direction have previously won countless awards etc. However Harry did have a hard competition from the likes of  Kate Moss, David Beckham, the Duchess of Cambridge and his former flame Cara Delevingne.



The awards went down a storm! With Harry Styles stealing Alexa Chung's crown for the British Style Award, and Edie Campbell bagging Model of the Year over Cara Delevingne! Check out Lavish's pick for the best dressed on the red carpet.

The award was presented by Alexa Chung and she made a joke of being snubbed from this year's Style Award nominees, as she said into an accidentally (but totally on purpose) left on mic 'This wouldn't happen to Kate Moss!' When Harry Styles arrived at the podium, after yanking the trophy from Alexa's hands said 'I actually didn't think anyone was allowed to win apart from Alexa'


Harry wore Saint Laurent by Hedi Slimane, gave a short and sweet speech after taking his trophy from Alexa and Jack Guinness. He told his fans, 'thank you for voting, this is very, very kind. Thank you for having me here, I really appreciate it. Thank you.'
(Video from BritishFashionTV youtube channel)
looked utterly thrilled as he arrived on stage to collect his gong, opting for low-key chic in a sheer black shirt, skinny jeans and an immaculately tailored blazer. He completed his red carpet ensemble with rocker boots and a skinny scarf


Harry talks around 00.42 I think.. If Ive put the right video up..
(video from mymailonline youtube channel)


Harry did walk the catwalk last month at the request of the fashion legend - Cindy Crawford. Harry proved that he's got a fiercer pout than Zoolander. :P Should we be expecting big things from Harry in terms of fashion in the future? After all, he takes over this accolade from three-time British Style Award winner Alexa Chung so he's clearly got the fashion pack's seal of approval.

The trophy is awarded to 'an individual who most embodies the spirit of British fashion and is an international ambassador for London as a leading creative fashion capital'. 

Congrats on your award harry! :)

If you haven't already, please join as a member on this blog, you can do that under the followers tab at the top of the right sidebar and you can join with your email, twitter or blogger/google+ accounts :) I have a competition coming up and you must be a member to enter :D my twitter is @sammigirl994 if you'd like to follow me on there too :)

Samantha - @sammigirl1994
ffh
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all you lovely peoples!
I always try to visit your blog in return and if possible I comment back.

Please don't leave in your comment for me to follow you if you haven't followed my blog first. If you join my blog under the followers tab let me no in the comments and I'll happily follow your blog back. :)

Calling all Bloggers!

Popular Posts

PP

 
Tweets by @sammigirl1994