Social Icons

h

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Forever long

Hi!! To all those starting school today, wish you all luck!
I go back next week to college and I'm not really looking forward to it :/
Sorry for the slower post rate, I've been looking after M. Anyway, I was sent a product from Forever Long which is the Kevin Murphy Angel Wash. You will see Forever Longs' button down the right hand side of this blog under collabs & sponsors.

If you have read my previous posts, you may know that I have a blondy shade of hair which I have moaned about having a yellowish tint to . I haven't dyed my hair ever, instead I use shampoos for blonde hair to keep it bright, which I think have resulted in my hair having a yellowy tint.

This product is similar to purple shampoos on the market which I had been looking into getting. They work on blonde hair because purple is on the opposite end of the colour spectrum to yellow the purple neutralizes the yellow in hair making the blonde brighter. In a normal purple shampoo the colour is a pigment colour which basically drys out the hair, which I actually didn't no so I am glad I didn't get the purple shampoo I was planning on getting. I don't want to damage my hair, so products that are kind to the hair, and I'm also looking for products that are moisturizing, nourishing and at the same time keep the blonde brighter. The Blond Angel Wash actually uses lavender extract to get the purple so it nourishes the hair whilst lightening it. 

The Kevin Murphy Blonde Angel Wash is a lavender infused colour enhancing shampoo for blonde hair has been developed with optical brighteners to rescue dulled colour and restore shine. This is perfect for blonde or grey hair. This shampoo contains a number of key natural ingredients, including murumuru butter to promote glossy hair, shea butter to maintain and restore your hair's natural elasticity, mango seed butter, lavender flower, jojoba seed oil, keratin amino acids and sunflower seed oil. It is also sulphate and paraben free.
It seems easy to use, simply massage into wet hair and scalp, rinse and repeat. 

So above is a photo of my hair before using the Blonde Angel Wash from Forever Long. As you can see it has yellowy/brassy streaky tones which are bearable but I'd rather tone them down. The first time I used this wash, I applied it all over my hair like it says to, however I do have some quite blonde bits in my fringe that when I was drying my hair.. was lilac. I was looking in the mirror thinking it was the light, but I checked in another room and it was indeed lilac. it was only a streak in my fringe and I panicked a bit, I went and washed my fringe twice and it faded. After that I thought, heyy pastel is in fashion right?  It actually faded after drying and went back blonde :D I think it did that either because parts of my fringe was too light, or I left it on for too long. It doesn't matter though because its not purple now :D
I haven't got a picture after the first wash, but I have put one below of the second.

I took the photo in the same room and place but the lighting is different, but you can still see the difference!!
As you can see, My hair overall is brighter, the yellow has been toned down, and I love it! This time when I used it, I decided I didn't need to put it on my fringe, as it's the lightest and isn't yellowy, I couldn't be happier with the results, from just two washes and I have the tone I wanted! I am so glad I got to try out this product, thank you Forever Long! 

You can get this product here from Forever Long. It costs £16.95, which you could say is expensive. However as my final opinion; This product has washed away the yellowy tint from my hair, without dying it, damaging it or drying it out. In fact its ,moisturizing and good for conditioning damaged dry, broken or fine hair. You only need to use a small amount, so it lasts and you can rotate your hair regime to use this product every couple of washes to maintain your hair.

Forever Long stocks a range of hair product brands, from Kevin Murphy, Redken, Bumble and Bumble, Crazy Colour, Evo, electrical goods and many more, it's definitely the place to go for your hair products, they are all in one place. I'd rather save my time going through online 'supermarket' stores which sell everything, if I want a hair product I'd get it from a hair product store, that way there's less fuss and takes less time to find what you are looking for.
They also have a salon in Newcastle and specialize in hair extensions.

Forever Long's Twitter is here
Their website is here
What do you think? Have you tried this product? What is your opinion on purple shampoos?

Samantha - @sammigirl1994
ffh
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all you lovely peoples!
I always try to visit your blog in return and if possible I comment back.

Please don't leave in your comment for me to follow you if you haven't followed my blog first. If you join my blog under the followers tab let me no in the comments and I'll happily follow your blog back. :)

Calling all Bloggers!

Popular Posts

PP

 
Tweets by @sammigirl1994